Type of Contract and Applicants: temporary appointment (TA) and Rwanda Nationals only
A.The driver is responsible for:
- Safely and responsibly performing all official travel using official vehicles
- Regularly servicing and looking after official vehicles
- Raking account of all available information on road conditions, accessible routes, and locations
- Running errands for the organization upon request.
- Provide passenger transport for the YouthConnekt Africa Hub Executive Director
- Run errands for the Executive Director, e.g. sending letters and messages, paying bills, and buying small quantities of office supplies
- Completes the vehicle log correctly
- Cleans the interior and exterior of the vehicle(s) regularly
- Checks oil, water, brakes, and brake liquid, tire pressure, battery levels, and the entire vehicle, monthly or every 5,000 km (whichever is first), headlights, brakes, bodywork for dents, etc.
- Responsible for the organization's vehicle documents and their good condition, keeping a vehicle log, and recording monthly maintenance.
- Calculates monthly petrol, oil, and lubricant consumption for the daily cash fund and for forwarding monthly vouchers to cost accounting.
- Reports need for service and carry out minor repairs.
- Immediately reports all involvement of the vehicle in accidents, including minor accidents, damage, loss, or theft of vehicle fittings.
3. Other duties/additional tasks
- Assists other staff of the organization upon request and approval by the Executive Director.
B. Required qualifications, competencies, and experience
- Secondary school education
- Holds a valid driver’s license
- At least 2-3 years work experience as a driver with references
- No major accidents in the past 3 years
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Good knowledge of English and Kinyarwanda, ideally a knowledge of French
- Discipline and punctuality
- Resilience and patience
- Appropriate appearance and attire (friendly manner with all passengers)
- Ensures unrestricted availability of vehicle at all times and reports restrictions immediately
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Interested candidates should submit their application (Cover letter, updated CV, certificates, and references) before January 30, 2022, at 5:00 PM, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the job title in the mail subject"Driver".
The deadline for submission is January 30, 2022